Friday, 18 January 2013

Getting Ready--Homework

Do Your Homework—All dream vacations must begin with a little homework.  I like to purchase at least one good, comprehensive travel guide to the destination country if I have never been there before.  Compare the information found in the book with more updated information that may be found on the Internet.  Local conditions can vary significantly from country to country, so make sure you investigate what shots or vaccinations are necessary.  I have found that most counties have a travel clinic in their health departments offer that the most cost-effective shots.  Check the U.S. State Department travel advisories for recent incidents involving travelers.  Ask a person currently living in that country about conditions for travelers.  Read Internet sites such as Trip Advisor for ratings of hotels and restaurants.

12 comments:

  1. Getting information on your next destination isn't that hard anymore since there's the internet. Before, I still need to purchase some travel magazines, brochure etc to get information. Now, everything can be taken online, from restaurants, hotels to the things to do and see.
    Travel Deals Asia

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really very useful tips on travel and suggest to follow this blog for friends as well. Thanks a lot.

    Honeymoon travel tips

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful photograph along with all the required items people hold while traveling, thanks for sharing this photo.
    CBC

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing these wonderful tips with us . These are helpful for all . Mauritius Tour packages

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nobody can reject the info you have given in the blogs, this is actually a great work. www.AroundMargate.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't agree more with this blog! Me and my family went to the same place for vacation every year growing up. I recently took my own family there, and a friend of mine gave me a travel guide to take. I thought it was kind of silly, because I had been there so many times, but I thought it was really sweet of them. Well, we found so many fun new places! I thought I had tried it all, but no, I was very wrong. I think it is a great idea to bring along a travel guide, even if you have been there before.

    http://www.lakecitytravel.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't agree more with this blog! Me and my family went to the same place for vacation every year growing up. I recently took my own family there, and a friend of mine gave me a travel guide to take. I thought it was kind of silly, because I had been there so many times, but I thought it was really sweet of them. Well, we found so many fun new places! I thought I had tried it all, but no, I was very wrong. I think it is a great idea to bring along a travel guide, even if you have been there before.

    http://www.lakecitytravel.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! After browsing some amongst the post I felt this is totally new to me. Anyhow, I’m absolutely happy to find this. Planet Rail

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reading the reviews of the hotels and residence is always a good idea.
    discount concert tickets
    buy concert tickets

    ReplyDelete